Always make sure to test all your projects after upgrading to the latest version of Foxtrot RPA! To ensure proper operation, all Foxtrot servers and workstations are required to run the same version. Upgrade the Foxtrot server first, followed by all Foxtrot workstations. Uninstalling will never delete Foxtrot scripts or databases.
Previously, the MySQL connector DLL was installed with Foxtrot, but this is no longer included. Instead, you will need to download & install version 6.8.8 of this MySQL connector here: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/6.8.html.
Foxtrot now requires .Net Framework v4.7.2 (instead of v4.5.1 as it in prior versions). When installing Foxtrot Suite v14.6, if the user does not already have .Net Framework v4.7.2 on their computer, they will be prompted to do so.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixes an issue where an imported SQL Connection would not show in the project panel immediately after an import.
- Better error messaging for the Folder Exists action.
- Fixes an issue where numbers formatted with a comma decimal separator caused the Query List action to execute incorrectly.
- Fixes an issue where opening the output file from a Save List action would cause subsequent executions to fail.
- System Culture tokens are now available regardless of the Culture setting in project properties.
- Fixes an issue where FoxHub would incorrectly report "Invalid User" for a bot.
- Fixes an issue where bots would be added to the bot list in FoxHub without user interaction.
- Added support for Rumba+ Desktop 10 emulator.
- Fixes an issue where FoxHub Email alerts were not getting sent in some scenarios.
- Fixes a scenario where a Run Task is called and the case of the name of that task is manually changed, the execution pointer would fail to return to the calling task.
- Fixes an issue where FoxHub would report an extraordinary amount of CPU usage when using File and/or Idle triggers.
- Fixes FoxHub API issues when starting a Data Job with a CSV as the input data.
- Fixes issues related to executing a Close Me or Stop Task action on a bot running from FoxHub.
- Fixes an Import Wizard issue where data from excluded fields would still be imported. See Data, Open Data action, or Open List action
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixes an issue where timing preferences were not applied to actions within a Mouse Sequence.
- Fixes an issue where Foxtrot was saving blank Project Reports for Tasks and Variables.
- Fixes an issue where the Data Wizard incorrectly shows the "No output path provided" error message.
- Tokens can now be used in UIA targeting rules.
- Fixes an issue where Foxtrot Unlocker would fail to install on some Windows 10 machines.
- Error handling options have been added to List actions that were missing them.
- Performing an Exit Task action from inside a loop will now reset the loop counter as expected.
- In some cases, SQL actions and connections were no longer working in 14.6. This has been resolved.
- Foxtrot now allows List column names with trailing spaces to be added.
- Fixes an issue where deleting a list column in the dark theme would change the text color.
- Set Filter action form no longer validates unused variable text boxes.
- Fixes an issue where some action details were showing incorrectly.
- Fixes an issue where Select Item on a Windows combo box would fail.
- Action details for Set Speed action now show correctly.
Foxtrot now offers two new shortcuts:
- F5 - Runs the project as if you were clicking the Play button.
- F8 - Executes the current action as if you were clicking the stepper button on the run bar.
New Culture Formulas
Two new formulas have been added to the formula builder:
- ConvertDateCulture - converts a date from one region's date format to another.
- ConvertNumCulture - converts a number from one region's number format to another.
Improvements to the following actions:
- DOS Command - Timeout option added to specify the maximum amount of time the Foxtrot will wait for the execution of a DOS Command.
- Set Speed - In addition to using the speed slider you can now input a number into a textbox, this will allow the use of tokens for setting the speed.
- Subtract List - Now allows subtracting a list based on an exact column.
New BETA Actions & Features Available
To test and use these actions, open the Diagnostics Bar and enable "Show future features" under "Tools". If you are not sure how to do this, please contact your local Foxtrot partner.
Compiles and executes CSharp code.
Compiles and executes JScript code.
Executes Python code using the installed interpreter.
Compiles and executes VB.NET code.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixes various issues related to FoxHub.
- Fixes various issues related to targeting the IBM iAccess Emulator.
- Date formats were not matching system settings in Lists, this has been fixed.
- Tokens in the Open Data output path will now be reevaluated every time the action is executed.
- Common folders for email accounts can now be found when using Gmail.
- Adds the ability to choose the Sent and Deleted folders in an email connection if they cannot be found automatically.
- Improved ability to get the text value from an Xperience data grid cell.
- Fixes an issue where FoxHub would stay on the slash screen when Job projects could not be found.
- List names with trailing or leading whitespace no longer cause errors when working with list actions and lookup formulas.
- List column names with trailing or leading whitespace no longer cause errors when working with list column actions and lookup formulas.
- Lookup formulas will now output a blank string if the formula fails to evaluate.
- Project tokens now evaluate correctly when running jobs from FoxHub.
- Deleting a specific column in the list view no longer deletes the last column instead.
- NumberFormat formula will now output in US English format as expected.
- Get Info Action for Excel workbook now correctly obtains row counts exceeding 1 million.
- Improved targeting for XAML dropdowns, such as those found in the Microsoft Store app.
- Using Save List Action to save to a variable no longer throws an error.
- Allows to choose a delimiter when saving a list to a variable in Save List Action.
- Fixes an issue where the Turn On Record Action would turn on all records regardless of the option chosen.
- Fixes an issue where excluded columns in an Open List Action would still be imported into the list.
- Other minor bug fixes and usability improvements.