Always make sure to test all your projects after upgrading to the latest version of Foxtrot RPA! To ensure proper operation, all Foxtrot servers and workstations are required to run the same version. Upgrade the Foxtrot server first, followed by all Foxtrot workstations. Uninstalling will never delete Foxtrot scripts or databases.
- In v14.0.4 in some scenarios, Foxtrot would give an error stating that the credentials do not exist, for example, the Unlock action. This has been fixed.
- The Stored Procedure SQL action has been improved.
- The name of the output sheet for the Save List action has been improved.
Improved Xperience Support
Foxtrot is capable of interacting with even more screens and fields within the Xperience application. New features and improvements include:
- Get List, Search, and Select Item Actions are now available when targeting grids.
- Send Value Action now works more consistently and properly overwrites the old value in a textbox.
- Search and Select Item Actions now work more consistently with drop-down fields and after leaving and returning to the screen.
- Search and Select Item Actions now work with tabs.
- Improved interaction with controls located inside grid cells.
- Fixed Target Not Found errors.
Improved DateAdd Function
When building a formula, the DateAdd function now offers an optional setting to include the Time in the result.
- In some scenarios, Foxtrot would still be running as a background process after the execution of a Close Me action. This has been fixed.
- In previous versions, certain target Rules would not save properly. This has been fixed.
- Mouse Down and Mouse Up Actions can now be edited properly.
- In FoxHub, scheduler dates in the far future are no longer grayed out.
- In some situations, Foxtrot would not be able to interact with the Adobe Reader even after accepting the prompt warning. This has been fixed.
- Foxtrot no longer crashes when attempting to retrieve the Windows clipboard value when the text on the clipboard contains [*WINDOWS_CLIPBOARD_VALUE].
- FoxHub now properly sends an alert if a scheduled or triggered job is started with a missing project file.
- FoxHub now properly sends an alert if a bot cannot obtain a license.
- FoxHub will no longer allow a job to be run manually if the project file is missing.
- FoxHub now properly refreshes the History view when a job finishes.
- The File Trigger in FoxHub can now handle dots in the file name.
- Making certain programmatic calls to the FoxHub API caused FoxHub to crash in certain scenarios. This has been fixed.
- In FoxHub, when a user cancels a failed job in the queue, the next job in the queue will now run automatically.
- In FoxHub, a job will now error if all of the assigned bots were removed from FoxHub.
- FoxHub and Foxtrot Administrator would stay on the splash screen if launch on Windows Server 2008 R2. This has been fixed.
- Rapidly clicking the Pause button on a bot no longer causes that bot to become unresponsive.
- Users can now click the Play button on a bot started by FoxHub to resume that bot.
- Bots running on Windows 10 no longer get stuck when receiving a project from FoxHub.
- Clicking the Break button while a Box Action is running no longer advances the Run Arrow to the next step.
- The Copy File and Move File Actions now error properly when the destination folder is missing.
- The Create List Row Action would fail if a Clear List Action had been first run on the list. This has been fixed.
- The Create List Row Action now works properly when the target list contains no rows.
Added missing Create List Row Action preferences.
- The Execute SQL Action now works properly when the query includes a field of type VersionNumber.
- The Format Cell Action no longer errors when the Fill Color or Font Color option is used.
- The Get Email Action now works properly when multiple filters are applied.
- The Get Value Action now errors properly if a browser target could not be found.
In certain scenarios, the Get Value Action was displaying a blank error message. This has been fixed.
- Variable values changed by a Get Value Action are now automatically refreshed in the Variables view.
- The Go to Website Action no longer causes Foxtrot to show itself when in Tiny mode.
- The Regular Expression Action no longer requires parameter values when using the Replace method.
- The Search Cells Action has been fixed to work properly when "Active Cell" is selected at the search starting point.
- The Send Email Action now runs properly thru FoxHub for email accounts that require no authentication.
- The Send Value Action no longer leaves IE as a top-most window when the Click before sending option is turned on.
- The Send Value Action now allows tokens inside keyboard token parenthesis. Example: [^Tab([%Count])]
- Tokens are now allowed in the URL Rule when working with browser targets.
- Formulas no longer drop decimal places from English (US) variables.
- Formulas containing embedded tokens in a Culture function now evaluate properly.
- Formulas containing a double quote character in a Replace function now evaluate properly.
- The DateAdd function now works properly when Culture support is turned on in a project.
- Dropping a project file onto the Foxtrot window now brings the Foxtrot window to the top so the user can see the prompt to save the previous project.
- Fixed an issue where List lookups would fail to give the correct result after a Rename List Column Action was performed on that list.
- Other minor bug fixes and usability improvements.
- List lookups that worked in prior versions stopped working in v14.0.1. This has been fixed.
- The Search Cells Action now properly locates a match in the last cell of the target range.
- The Search Cells Action no longer locks up when set to search backwards from the active cell to select all matching cells.
- Clicking Pause while executing a Box Action no longer shows a blank error message.
- The SQL Data Wizard no longer appears behind the main window when Stay on Top is selected on the View menu.
- Other minor bug fixes and usability improvements.
FoxHub: New Design
The FoxHub user interface has been improved to provide a more visual experience. Quickly see what is happening at a glance.
New FoxHub Scheduler
FoxHub is now equipped with a scheduler. Simply open the Schedule view and add a job to the desired calendar date. Recurring jobs can also be added.
New FoxHub Triggers
Triggers can be set up to instruct bots to be put to work in response to certain events that occur. A new Triggers view has been added in FoxHub allowing the following types of triggers to be created:
- File Trigger - Fires when a file is created.
- Idle Trigger - Fires when the computer is idle for a period of time.
FoxHub: Locking Hub
When logins are enabled, FoxHub can now be locked on the Account menu. This allows a user to secure FoxHub while still allowing queued jobs, the scheduler, and triggers to run.
FoxHub: Local Bot
FoxHub can now run the local bot (on the same machine) without having to log in to the bot. The local bot will use the Default User profile. This allows the new Scheduler to be used on the local machine while Logins are enabled.
Improved Targeting Technology
Significant new technology has been added to Foxtrot allowing it to target more applications work more reliably. Specifically, technology has been added allowing Foxtrot to interact with Microsoft WPF applications, WPF custom controls as well as XAML and Silverlight applications. JHA Xperience is an example of a WPF application that can now be automated using this new technology.
New Presentation Modes
Foxtrot can now be placed in Tiny mode allowing the app to run as a small remote control toolbar in the bottom corner of the screen. A Set Mode Action has also been added allowing the mode to be changed in real time while a project runs:
Sets the mode of this application.
All Lists will now include an Item No column which allows a Loop Action to loop thru any list.
New List Actions
The following Actions have been added allowing greater control of Lists in a project:
Create List Column
Creates a list column.
Create List Row
Creates a list row.
Delete List Column
Deletes a list column.
Delete List Row
Deletes a list row.
Retrieves a list from the target.
Opens a list from a file.
Rename List Column
Renames a list column.
Saves a list to a file.
Sends a list to a target, such as an Excel workbook.
Set List Value
Sets the value of a list entry field.
Smarter Excel Table Targeting
Foxtrot is now able to interact with tables of information in an Excel Workbook.
Several advanced Actions have been added and are intended for advanced users:
Downloads the HTML code of a web page.
Reads the content of a text file as a block of text.
Runs a regular expression on a value.
Executes a call to a REST web service.
Expandable Variable Form
The Variable form is now expandable making it easier to manage variable values of great length. This feature is available in Professional and Expert mode.
New HTML Target Support
The following HTML target types are now supported:
- ABBR (Abbreviation)
- ACRONYM (Acronym)
- ARTICLE (Article)
- DD (Description List)
- DL (Description List)
- DT (Description List Term/Name)
- HTML (HTML document)
The following new tokens have been added to the Expression Builder:
File Trigger File Path
The file path that fired the File Trigger that started this bot.
Indicates if this application is running in Bot mode.
The Job ID associated with the Queue Item this bot is currently working.
The Job Name associated with the Queue Item this bot is currently working.
The presentation mode of this application.
Queue Item ID
The ID of the Queue Item this bot is currently working.
Improved FoxHub API
The FoxHub API library has been expanded. Read the FoxHub API Integration Overview article for more information including a full list of Functions and Events.
This version also includes other minor bug fixes and usability improvements:
- The Mouse Recorder now properly saves recordings.
- Editing rules of Actions inside a Mouse Sequence no longer causes the sequence to break.
- In certain scenarios, valid file and folder paths were erroneously being considered invalid. This has been corrected.
- Importing a .csv file into an .accdb file no longer fails if the file contains a period in the file name.
- The Run Task Action no longer breaks if the specified task name contains a leading or trailing space.
- The Send Value Action now properly saves the Remove Leading & Trailing Spaces option.
- The Select Item Action now properly selects an item when it contains leading or trailing spaces.
- The Write Log Action now properly requires a log to be selected when creating or editing the Action.
- The Write Log Action now properly errors if the selected log file does not include a file extension or if the file path is invalid.
- The VBScript Action no longer displays an empty message box when certain errors in the VBScript script occur.
- The Sort Email Action was improved to fix sorting problems in certain scenarios.
- The Search Cells Action has been fixed to no longer display the following error in certain scenarios: Error 1004: "Select method of Range class failed."
- The Resume Action no longer crashes Foxtrot when run from within an Error Task in certain scenarios.
- The Reply Action now fails properly if it used a missing variable, instead of showing the incorrect error message: No IMAP server specified
- The Open Data Action now fails properly instead of allowing the project to continue when it shouldn't.
- The Open Data Action now applies the End Record setting properly.
- The Open Data Action now validates the Start Record and End Record values to ensure they are numeric.
- The Open Data Action now properly imports Number fields instead of changing them to Text.
- The Open Data Action no longer displays "**ERROR**" in the field names which occurred in certain scenarios.
- The Prompt Action no longer loses the Hide cancel button setting when edited.
- The Prompt Action now requires the user to enter a default value when the Default value option is checked.
- The Prompt Action now requires the user to enter a length value if the Length option is checked.
- The Create Variable Action now fails properly if a variable was used in specifying the variable name and that variable was blank.
- The Close Me Action now properly closes Foxtrot if it was launched by a batch file.
- The Set Resolution Action now errors properly if the resolution could not be set.
- The Search Cells Action now runs properly in all scenarios, not just when the Active Cell was outside the target range being searched.
- The Send Credential Action is now available when targeting an emulator screen.
- The Send Credential Action now sends field values properly without complaining about invalid confirmation.
- The Get Info Action now properly retrieves document information of an Excel workbook.
- The Get Email Action now properly applies the Message and Sent Date filters.
- The Move Highlight Action now properly moves the highlight to the first row in the first table (instead of the second table) when the Bridge Tables rule is turned on.
- The Move Highlight Action no longer displays a second error message if the Action fails when the Bridges Tables rule is turned on.
- The Unlock Action will now work when the Windows language is set to something other than English.
- The Move Email Action now works with folder names containing an ampersand character.
- The Send Email Action no longer errors when encountering an attachment name containing a comma character.
- The Open Data Action no longer loses the Save As file path when edited.
- The Open Data Action now executes properly when a List token is used in the file path.
- The Open Data Action can now be interrupted by pressing the Break button.
- The If Action has been modified so the Remove Ampersands condition rule is enabled on subsequent conditions that are added.
- When editing a Variable or running a Convert Variable Action, the value displayed in the Variables View no longer changes culture format unexpectedly.
- If an If Action is edited and an Else was added, the Else Action is now inserted below all Actions inside the If statement, instead above them.
- FTP Connection passwords now save properly when being created or edited.
- Encrypted Credentials now save properly when being created or edited.
- SQL Connections now save properly when being created or edited.
- The Logtext database field can now be emptied when using an .accdb or .mdb file.
- Tokens can now be used when specifying the server name while import data from a SQL server.
- Emulator Key Actions have been fixed to display their proper Action name instead of displaying "***ERROR***".
- Some Actions were not appearing in search results when searching a project. This has been fixed.
- The Error Loc Line No token now provides a value of "0" when no error has occurred, instead of "-1".
- The WeekdayName formula function has been fixed and now returns proper results.
- The Add formula function now accepts a negative sign before a token.
- The Remove formula function has been fixed and now returns proper results when invalid parameter values are entered.
- The Round formula function no longer rounds half numbers to the neared even number (IEC 60559 standard) and instead always rounds away from zero.
- The Esc key can now be used to quickly close the form used to edit a field in the Data Import Wizard.
- The Speed Slider preference is now properly applied.
- Upon stopping at a breakpoint when running at full speed, the breakpoint is now scrolled into view for convenience.
- If a user double-clicks a project file whose names contains a comma, the project will now open properly.
- Users can now create Actions when targeting while the Foxtrot window is maximized with the sidebars collapsed.
- When importing data, blank fields now import as Text instead of Logical.
- The Email View no longer displays incorrect items when right-clicking an Email Account.
- The Project Bar if now accessible from the Email View when sidebars are collapsed.
- Window Actions (such as Close Window and Maximize Window) now apply the Right rule properly to the Window's Text.
- The Foxtrot window now remains minimized when running Actions rather than becoming un-minimized automatically.
- Only one instance of FoxHub may now run on a machine to avoid bot conflicts.
- The FoxHub system tray popup menu now disappears properly when user clicks away.
- FoxBot now displays the proper project name (instead of Project1) on its titlebar when started by FoxHub.
- It is now possible to include a Spacebar in keystroke combinations, such as [^Shift+ ] or [^Shift+Spacebar]).
- On the Variable form, when leaving the value field when the Type is set to Number or Decimal, a default value of 0 will be inserted (instead of a large negative number).
- Bots being controlled by FoxHub now always ignore breakpoints.
- Removed the duplicate browse button on the Create Shortcut Action form.
- Corrected the label on the Reply Action that should read Attachments instead of Subject.
- Editing a Search Action while the target web table is not on screen no longer causes the Exact Column value to be lost.
- When importing XML data, a proper error message is now displayed when child attributes have the same name.
- Variables are now allowed to be renamed by adding spaces. (Ex: Variable name "FirstName" can now be changed to "First Name".)
- Launching a second instance of FoxHub now conveniently activates the first instance of FoxHub instead of displaying a message asking the user to do it.
- The Quick Edit popup menu in the Task Editor no longer displays when it shouldn't.
- Fixed the Move Up and Move Down button hover effects on the Running view in FoxHub.
- The Formula Builder now evaluates correctly in system cultures other than English.
- The FTP Connection form no longer displays the credential fields when Login Type is set to None.
- Email token values containing "/s" now work properly.
- The email preview pane is now properly cleared when the Email Connection is deleted.
- When using tokens in a target Excel address, the coordinates now split correctly when selecting the Split option.
- Fixed the Turkish I problem allowing Foxtrot to run properly on the Turkish Windows operating system.
- The Email view no longer flickers when variables are added, modified, or deleted.
- The Close Email Action now properly closes FoxBot when run thru FoxHub, an no longer prompts to save the project.
- The message that appears when attempting to create a blocked Action has been improved to include instructions on how to unblock the Action.
- The Field Minus Key and Field Plus Key emulator Actions can now be created properly.
- Fixed layout of items on the Project Bar in the FoxBot application.
- When FoxBot is started by FoxHub, it will now close after 60 seconds if no additional work is assigned.
- When FoxHub is started, it will automatically restart the FoxService if it is not started. This service is required to communicate with each FoxBot.
- When FoxHub is closed, it will now only stop bots started by that instance of the hub.
- The Running view in FoxHub now shows the correct value in the Start Time column.
- Fixed the Database Directory and Database Path token values.
- The Run Settings now properly re-initialize between projects.
- The version number has been added to the main toolbar in FoxHub.
- FoxHub now displays the proper bot status once a bot is reset.
- The height of the grid on the List form now resizes with the height of the form.
- The Break button now properly interrupts a Create List Action.
- The error message that appears when a Save Attachment Action fails has been improved to explain why the Action failed.
- Other minor visual fixes.