- Need a trial license? Request now
This article will help you to get started working with Foxtrot RPA. Please reference all below informational brochures on general IT information, setup instructions, and deployment guides.
General Setup Information
- IT Setup Instructions
- Machine Setup Instructions
- Governance & Security Information
- Foxtrot Administrator Data Breakdown
- Foxtrot Trial Deployment Guide
- Foxtrot Enterprise Deployment Guide
- FoxHub Deployment/Troubleshoot Guide
The Foxtrot robotics software runs as a desktop application. Depending on the preferences of the IT department and the users, the software can be installed on either:
- A physical computer (accessible through RDP, TeamViewer or similar)
- A virtual machine or server (accessible through RDP, TeamViewer or similar), please read these instructions
All machines should always meet the system requirements. Access to the machine should always be considered. This can be achieved through Remote Desktop Connections, TeamViewer or other types of remote access. The type of access gate to the machine is insignificant as long as it meets the requirements, security level, and governance of the organization. Both Foxtrot and the target application (Internet Explorer, Outlook, Microsoft Excel, ERP Systems, etc.) are required to run within the same environment (both applications must be installed on the same machine). When Foxtrot interacts with your applications, it will use Windows components provided by the application to locate and interact with the target correctly. When both Foxtrot and the application are installed on the same desktop, Foxtrot can view these components as they are running in tandem with Foxtrot, allowing for optimal functionality. Are you using Citrix? Read this article.