Foxtrot is capable of storing multiple credentials for use when working in an application that requires credentials. A Credential contains encrypted username and password that can be used to log into an application or when using Emails, FTP functionality with the Send Credential action. A project can contain an unlimited number of Credentials, that are all saved within the project itself. When using a Credential, you will be required to provide the values of the Username and Password to ensure security. The Send Credential action sends a stored value from the Credential (username, password) from your project to the target. Credentials are encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption method.
Creating a Credential item
- Click Add Item (+) in the Project Pane and select Credential from the list
- Enter the Credential name, which must be unique. Enter the username and the password you wish to store and confirm it. There is Additional Fields option available if you wish to store more values for the credentials. A typical example is adding your email account as a credential like this.
You could also add other information where you need more than just a username and password, here, you can add additional fields. For example, if you have a credential for a company system with username, password, and a pin code.
- Once a Credential has been created, a new Credential item category will be added to the Project Pane. Any existing Credentials will be listed and can be managed from this view. Additional Credentials can also be added.
Using the Send Credential action:
- Drag and drop the selector to the field you want to send your Credential to. This will display the Target Preview, select the Send Credential action.
- From the dropdown, select the Credential that is to be sent to the targeted field. You will be required to Confirm the password before creating the action. This helps ensure that unauthorized users are not permitted to use the credential.
- When the action is executed, your select password will send to the targeted field.
Using Credentials to authorize connections:
The credentials functionality is also used when setting up, for example, an email account or an FTP connection within a project.